Founded in 1995, in the USA, the International Coach Federation is the first international association of professional coaches. It is the source of recognition and professionalization of coaching in the USA, Asia, Australia and Europe.
- is present in 82 countries
- has nearly 200 national and regional chapters
- almost 20,000 members
Its mission, funded by contributions of individual members, is consists of:
- developing the coaching profession by two principal means: learning and promoting.
- encouraging its members’ integration into the association, especially via an annual conference*, regular communications and local chapters;
- preserving the integrity of the coaching profession.
*The annual international and European conferences for coaching, website publications, "Coaching News", and national workshops are all opportunities to enrich coaching practice.